Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No progress photos... didn't want to gross any of you out!

Quick summary -

February -
Went backwards instead of forwards. I spent 3 of the 4 weeks traveling around the West looking in on Job-sites for work. The "small" victories here were that I actually ate pretty well, the small losses here were that I packed my gym clothes, but didn't get a chance to use the work-out facilities at any of the hotels I was at.

March -
More regression, but I started to link my "stress" to some of my weight loss problems. It is strange to me that stress causes you to gain weight and one of the biggest "stress-relief" activities is EXERCISE!!!! DUH. You would have thought I would have figured that out a long time ago, but nope, just learning it now. Did get the "stress" problem solved though... walked into my Senior Director's office for a meeting, and walked out without a job. Funny, that would be really bad news for most, and I will admit, there have been some down sides to it... but as the weeks have passed, it has turned out to be a huge relief.

April - (so far)
Steadying the ship.... I was able to put a hault to the regression, and an upside to being unemployed is that you have a lot more time to workout. I am still getting into a routine, but now I am realizing that as I look more and more at the real possibility of going to school full-time, my bike is going to get a lot more use!

Weight-loss should be fun, if all you are ever thinking about is the "pain" of the process, you will never follow through, you have to concentrate on the "end-goal" in mind... for me that is having the confidence to do the things that I used to love doing and not feeling embarrassed in your own skin. Life has a funny way of tossing you to and fro, but you need to keep your focus on what you need to do to keep yourself on track... there are a lot more people counting on you than you can ever imagine.

Those are my thoughts... let the journey continue.

Bear
Progress weight: 297

No comments:

Post a Comment